Installation Technician - London
Are you a highly presentable, proactive and self-starting individual who thrives in a technical customer facing role? If so, our Installation Technician role might just be the new career choice for you. We're looking for a confident, presentable and organised person to take responsibility for the pro-active progression of the Installation and Commissioning of customers equipment, to the highest possible standards within the area of London.
With work environments becoming increasingly global and dynamic, the smart, safe entry has become the centre of activity in and around many buildings. Royal Boon Edam is a global market leader in reliable entry solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, with 140 years of experience in engineering quality, we have gained extensive expertise in managing the transit of people through office buildings, airports, healthcare facilities, hotels and many other types of buildings. We are focused on providing an optimal, sustainable experience for our clients and their clients. By working together with our clients we help determine the exact requirements for the entry point.
What will be expected of you in this role?
The role of Installation Technician is to provide a highly presentable and professional image of Boon Edam in all Installation related matters. The post holder will be highly focused on customer satisfaction, represented by their ability and conduct. The role of Installation Technician is part of a team within the Project Installation Team. The post holder will be responsible to the Installation Supervisor for all general issues. The post holder would be required to operate as and where required, as directed by the Installation Supervisor or National Projects Manager.
The position comes with a host of benefits including:
- A competitive salary plus additional overtime, based on a 40 hour week including travel
- Full product training along with an initial 6 week introductory training course
- Fully stocked company vehicle with all hand and power tools included
- 23 days holiday (+1 for each full year of service after 3 years)
- Pension, child care vouchers scheme, mobile phone & Tablet
- Life Insurance
- Choice of Healthcare Schemes
Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Boon Edam Ltd is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes? Apply today with your CV and Cover letter!
- Where possible all relevant necessary information is held or obtained prior to attending site.
- Effective time management and forward planning to ensure timely site attendance in order to carry out Installation work with scheduled date(s).
- Any Installation information is received and responded to appropriately, making every endeavour to attend site within the specified time-span, providing accurate progress updates as required.
- Good working relationships are established and maintained with customers.
- Compliance with all customer site requirements (including health and safety procedures) where they do not conflict with the company interests/guidelines.
- Prompt reporting of any difficulties to the Installation Supervisor or relevant PM.
- Safety, efficiency, teamwork and good working practices at all times.
The post holder will be provided with a company vehicle. There will be the possibility of having to accommodate away from home, dependent upon the workload and location assigned. The post holder’s permanent place of residence is fundamental to the role and can only be changed with prior written permission from the post holder’s line manager.
- Ensure compliance with all processes and systems both internal and external, including ISO9001, ISO14001,OHSAS18001, BS7036 & EN16005
- CSCS Card Holder is desirable
- GCSE Level C or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
- Working Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Sound understanding of QMS policy and proceedures
- Technical Competency
- Sound experience of Microsoft Office suite of products