Field Service Technicians
Are you a highly presentable, proactive and self-starting individual who thrives in a technical customer facing role? If so, our Field Service Technician role might just be the new career choice for you. We're looking for two confident and organised persons to attend sites and carry out service & maintenance to our customer's products within the area of London and the South East, primarily living in a close proximity to the M25.
With work environments becoming increasingly global and dynamic, the smart, safe entry has become the centre of activity in and around many buildings. Royal Boon Edam is a global market leader in reliable entry solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, with 140 years of experience in engineering quality, we have gained extensive expertise in managing the transit of people through office buildings, airports, healthcare facilities, hotels and many other types of buildings. We are focused on providing an optimal, sustainable experience for our clients and their clients. By working together with our clients we help determine the exact requirements for the entry point.
What will be expected of you in this role?
The role of Field Service Technician is to provide a highly presentable and professional image of Boon Edam in all reactive and preventative service related matters. The post holder will be highly focused on customer satisfaction, represented by their ability and conduct. The role of Field Service Technician is part of a team within the Installs and Service Department. The post holder will be responsible to the Regional Service Manager for all general issues. The post holder would be required to operate from both their respective regional base; additionally, they may be required to operate from another regional base as requested by the Regional Service Manager.
Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Boon Edam Ltd is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes? Apply today with your CV and Cover letter!
- Effective time management and forward planning to ensure timely site attendance in order to carry out maintenance in accordance with scheduled date(s).
- Any callout information is received and responded to appropriately, making every endeavor to attend site within the specified time-span, providing accurate progress updates as required. This includes calling the site contact to advise an ETA.
- Good working relationships are established and maintained with customers.
- Compliance with all customer site requirements (including health and safety procedures) where they do not conflict with the company interests/guidelines.
- Prompt reporting of any difficulties to the Service Desk administration or relevant RSM.
- Safety, efficiency, teamwork and good working practices at all times.
- All works are carried out in accordance with company guidelines, procedures, and RAMS.
- Prompt accurate completion and submission of all relevant site/product/customer related documentation.
The position is not based in the Head Office and the post holder would be required to operate from their respective regional base, additionally, they may be required to operate from a different regional base as requested by the Regional Service Manager. The post holder will be provided with a company vehicle. There will be the possibility of having to accommodate away from home, dependent upon the workload and location assigned. The post holder’s permanent place of residence is fundamental to the role and can only be changed with prior written permission from the post holder’s line manager.
- Ensure compliance with all processes and systems both internal and external, including ISO9001, ISO14001,OHSAS18001, BS7036 & EN16005
- CSCS Card Holder
- EN16005 Accredited
- Working Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Technical Competency
- Sound experience of Microsoft Office suite of products