The Power of Two: Seamless and Secure Elevator Destination Control
Boon Edam and Schindler PORT Technology join forces to present one solution that elegantly combines speed gate security and transit intelligence. Architects, developers and end-users experience are now able to experience true harmonic and intuitive design.
The Lifeline Speedlane Swing: The Narrow Security Lane
Revolutionising the security industry as the narrowest, most intuitive speed gate – the Lifeline Speedlane Swing stands above the competition in catering for restricted spaces, gracefully. Crafted to be sleek in design and powered by state-of-the-art technology.
Sophisticated, Sleek and Space-saving
The Lifeline Speedlane Swing speed gate is the narrowest gate, and one of the most slender in the market. This, combined with the fact that it is highly customisable, opens up a world of possibilities to the security manager – who is tasked with providing a medium security solution to a high flow area. The Lifeline Speedlane Swing acts as a boundary between public and private environments and does so with finesse.
The Preferred Choice for narrow design Aesthetics
The Lifeline Speedlane Swing has been thoughtfully crafted with design aesthetics in mind. The smooth, premium glass casing houses intuitive-coloured LED lights which effortlessly glide along the cabinet top, guiding users from entry through authorisation and then the exit. This product effectively detects tailgating and the aesthetics can be easily adjusted to either blend in or stand out, depending on your needs.
- Tailgating detection
- Smooth, swinging-motion glass barriers
- Slim, V-shaped, tapered cabinets with ergonomic design and narrow footprint
- Premium quality materials
- Flexible lane configurations as well as the ability to stand alone
- Rests in a low-energy, “sleep” mode and activates upon approach
- Universally understood and proven display symbols
- Additional flexible options available to fine-tune
- Relieves pressure from security or reception staff
- Coordinates beautifully with existing building décor and design
- Narrow design allows for numerous lane configurations (increasing throughput)
- Built to last
- Corporate offices
- Multi-storey tenant buildings
- Medical and pharmaceutical facilities
- Schools, universities and colleges
- Sports facilities
- Government and embassy buildings
For further information on the Lifeline Speedlane Swing Speed Gate, please visit:
PORT: Intuitive User Interaction in Indoor Transit Intelligence
As an inventor and global leader of elevator destination systems, PORT is rapidly expanding its footprint into mobility solutions within buildings. The PORT indoor transit ecosystem is a compelling answer to the latest user needs for seamless access throughout an entire building including parking gates, main entrances, speed lanes, elevators and any required door.
Unlike other common security solutions, PORT makes use of mobile phone applications and smart technology, aiming to ease the user’s trajectory through the building while ensuring people security at all time – even though invisible.
Different Buildings. Different Needs
Larger residential buildings are offered a combined video intercom system, while hotels require mobile solutions to substitute physical access cards. The importance of speed lanes in a larger office or mixed-used buildings encouraged PORT to redefine the meaning of “seamless” to its pinnacle. The integrated PORT device (PORT4Mini) in the Boon Edam gate provides users with early elevator allocation information from the industry’s leading destination algorithm. Ultimately, it is the result of a common goal and continuous conscious selection of material, surface and light effects which brought a meticulously blended and harmonic user experience.
- Appealing and narrow design
- Optimised Interface between PORT and Lifeline Speedlane Swing
- Ensures a seamless journey throughout the building
- Direct connection with the elevator control system
- Enhanced administration of access rights
- Provides sophisticated access control in the entire building including elevators
- Enhanced building security - elevator call can only be registered when access was granted by PORT at the gate
- Traffic and efficiency enhancement by grouping passengers going to the same floor to the respective elevator
- Excellent personalised service - ensures customised journeys to meet individual needs (more walking time, longer door opening etc.)
- Tailored to be used with RFID cards or the smartphone-based application “myPORT”
Additional Features of myPORT
- Key- and cardless access via smartphone
- 4-step e-banking security verification
- Visitor access management - remotely via smartphone or via “video-colour-code”
- Full integrated audio-video intercom system
- Enhanced building security
- Seamless transfer of people in buildings
- Maximised efficiency of elevators
- Energy-saving through smart eco mode
- Optimisation of elevator journey time through applied Schindler algorithm
- Simple to operate
For further information on the PORT4Mini, please visit: